Sunday, October 18, 2009

I Must Be Following A Lot Of People On Twitter

Image representing Twitter as depicted in Crun...Image via CrunchBase
Or people I follow must tweet a lot. I was just on my Twitter main page hoping to click over to my Direct Messages, but right before I clicked on to Direct Messages, I caught eye of a tweet by a woman who said something along the lines of, I love football, men wearing funny clothes, falling over each other. The tweet I thought was funny, very funny actually. Call me a Third World guy enamored by soccer and soccer alone, but I never quite got the hang of football. But by then I had already clicked on to my Direct Messages. I clicked the back button. But that does not do the trick. You are
The striker (wearing the red shirt) is past th...Image via Wikipedia
still on the same web address when you click on Direct Messages. So I had to click on Home. The tweet was gone, flushed downstream. I kept clicking on More, until I could not do it no more. I guess Twitter allows you to click on More only so many times. The lady and her tweet were gone, nowhere to be found. That is when I realized to follow 27,000 people is to follow a lot of people. A refresh in 10 seconds puts you on another planet.

Between A Rock And A Hard Place: Jeff Jarvis, Jay Rosen
NYC Twitter Elite: Number 12
Tweets And Facebook Updates: The Mumbojumbo 

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: